200 gr sugar
600 ml cold water
10 tablespoons ouzo
- On 02 Sep 2019
- In Drink Recipes
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Difficulty Level: Starter
Summer is still in full swing on Poros and we all try to stay cool! Having great drinks around is essential. One of my favourite summer drinks is Granita, a half-frozen drink often made of fruit juice, water and sugar. Of course being Greek, I wondered what a granita would be like with ouzo, our famous national drink! After some fun experiments you can see the result on this blog: my ouzo granita!
Since summers are meant to be a bit lazy sometimes, making the ouzo granita is easy. We send you lots of warm summer greetings from Poros! Stay cool!
Photography: Annette Spaan
Do you want to cook with Katerina at Odyssey?
Click here for more information!
200 gr sugar
1. In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to the boil for about 5 minutes, to get a light syrup.
2. Let it cool to room temperature.
3. Stir the ouzo into the sugar syrup.
4. A metal roasting pan is ideal for the next step: Pour the ouzo mixture into your metal pan and put it in the freezer.
5. Every ½ hour you have to scrape the mixture with a fork until the mixtures freezes. This usually takes 4 hours.
Servings : 4
Ready in : 255 Minutes
Recipe Type : Drinks
1 Reviews Found
Yassiou Katerina, made this early this morning, and now I am thoroughly relaxed, with the glass in my hand, sniffing the luscious Ouzo and enjoying it while dreaming of being on the beach in Poros having a grand Ouzo time!!! Refreshing and delicious for this Greek girl and friends….thank you❣❣
Leave us your review
Katerina's Kouzina recipes